Documentary Filming and Press Day!
A.K.A. Time to be Accountable
A.K.A The Lens is Mightier Than the Sword
This was a critical day to peacefully document the issue of the corporate takeover of San Francisco. The focus today was on the tech bus stop at San Jose Avenue and 29th Streets, where a hundred techies clog the sidewalk M-F, and 80 diesel buses (most half-full at best) spew fumes into our homes, shaking the foundations, and rattling our nerves. We’ve not sleep since they were forced upon us with out a vote, and without environmental review. THE NEIGHBORHOODS VEHEMENTLY OPPOSE THIS ABUSE–ARE YOU NOT AWARE OF THE FACT, OR OF YOUR SURROUNDINGS, OR OF ANYONE BUT YOURSELVES AND COMPANY GREED?!
You tout social responsibility, and look and how our behave in our City! FOR SHAME!
WE ARE DOCUMENTING THESE ISSUES–CORPORATIZATION OF ONE OF THE WORLD’S GREAT CITIES, ABUSE OF RESIDENTS, GENTRIFICATION, EXACERBATION OF HOMELESSNESS AND THE RICH/POOR DIVIDE–AMONGST OTHER LEGAL AND LAW-ABIDING REASONS OF REPORTING, INCLUDING A FILM AND PHOTOGRAPHIC EXHIBITIONS, AND TO SUBMIT TO MICHAEL MOORE, WHOM ONE OF OUR MEMBERS HAS MET, AND WHO WE HOPE WILL WISH TO HELP WITH A FILM ON THE MATTER. ALSO, THIS SERVES AS AN IMPORTANT SOCIAL RECORD, AND DOCUMENTATION OF CITY HALL’S DESIRE TO LAY IN BED WITH LARGE CORPORATE INTERESTS. WE ARE WELL WITHIN OUR RIGHTS TO DOCUMENT, REPORT, AND SHARE REGARDING THIS MATTER, AND YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO INTIMIDATE US, OR MANIPULATE THE LAW TO YOUR ADVANTAGE, MUCH AS YOU TRY. WE KNOW YOU’D LOVE TO RE-WRITE THE CONSTITUTION, BUT AS YET, YOU CANNOT. WE ARE WELL WITHIN OUR FIRST AMENDMENT AND CREATIVE RIGHTS.
So, they invade our front yards, and yet are indigent, abusive, confrontational, physically confrontative, and completely without one iota of understanding or dignity in their response. Now you can see just how ugly is the behavior of these egocentric aggressors. They MUST be constantly reminded to not touch or harass our peaceful protesters, lest we have them arrested. Think about that: these Neanderthals are so presumptuous as to think it is WE that are the invaders, and they must be constantly reminded to follow the law, and behave civilly in society! What kind of breeding and brainwashing is this? They are really sick–their corporations have successfully and completely brainwashed the majority of them. Despite the fact they work for Internet companies, they’ve apparently never surfed the issue of the legalities of photographing on public property. They had better now. Can I help you get online?!
Build private bus stops OUTSIDE our neighborhoods, so that we may sleep, breathe, and live again, and we will not have the same rights.
If these monotonic corporate philistines ever do manage to access these pertinent data, they will find our documentation completely legal, and our conduct well within our general and First Amendment rights. We NEVER touch anyone. We refrain from foul language. We never advocate violence, nor do we confront people physically, or “get in their faces,” like many lowly and disrespectful within this bunch. We respect the law, and abide by it. These representatives of their companies do not–how disgusting that these are supposedly some of the best techies around, and they completely lack respect, or social elegance or grace. Like fish out of water if they ever take those plugs out of their ears. They have no idea how to interact within a society. The working class around them have no love for them. The locals do not embrace them.
They send corporate goons to bully and intimidate. Their workers physically accost us and verbally threaten us. They make claims as to how it’s illegal to exercise one’s First Amendment rights peacefully on public property, as if they can control ALL the world’s speech and expression—a bit presumptuous, don’t you think!? Attorneys make false accusations in an attempt to quell opposition. And all the while, they invade our front yards! Your behavior is often disgusting, and completely lacking in respect. I wonder why your companies don’t reprimand you–though, I’m not actually surprised: like owner, like pawn Certainly, this is not helping your or their standing in the community one bit, nor relations with true San Franciscans! Disgusting, really. Did you really think you could get away with that forever in OUR home?
IT WILL NOT WORK! YOU WILL NOT THREATEN AND MANIPULATE THE LAW TO YOUR ADVANTAGE TO THWART FREE SPEECH! Your behavior is often disgusting. I wonder why your companies don’t reprimand you! Certainly, this is not helping their standing in the community one bit, nor relations with true San Franciscans! Shameful! First you overrun us, destroy our city in every way from culturally to historical to imposing horrific gentrification, all for corporate gain for crap, and you have the unmitigated gall to act as if We are out-of-line protesting your running 80 buses in front of our homes every morning! You have some f-ing nerve, that’s for sure! What’s been bred?
WAKE UP YOU SELF-INVOLVED, EGOCENTRIC A-HOLES! IT IS NOT ALL ABOUT YOU AND YOUR F-ING CORPORATIONS’ GAIN! OUR CITY, OUR HOME! YOU’RE ONLY VISITORS HERE, AND PRETTY F-ING OUTLANDISH ONES AT THAT! IT IS YOUR CONDUCT, LACK OF HUMILITY, AND INSENSITIVITY, AND SHALLOW MONOTONIC KNOWLEDGE THAT MEANS YOU WILL NEVER REALLY BE PART OF SAN FRANCISCO! IT IS THE DISRESPECT YOU EXHIBIT AT EVERY TURN THAT TURNS OUR STOMACHES. DON’T BELIEVE US? JUST LOOK AT YOURSELVES IN ACTION…
They’ve been so smug–so proud of their conduct. And now, when filmed, they scurry like mice, or are abusive and threaten us physically. Rest assured, if any of you Neanderthals so much as touches us or our equipment, you will be arrested. They cover their faces now ironically with their phones. They throw their jackets over their faces, reminiscent of convicted convicts on the way to the pen, trying to dodge the press, so the folks at home won’t see them.
Our suggestion: have you companies build a system of PRIVATE HUBS ( you can surely afford it, with all your making off our City!), outside our neighborhoods, utilizing alternative energy sources, and electric bikes, etc. Show some company pride for a change. You tout social responsibility, and look and how our behave in our City! FOR SHAME! Once yo’ve constructed your private oasis, you will be able to segregate your workers as you prefer, and keep us from filming. It is the best solution for us all.
AND NOW–THE MOMENT YOU’VE BEEN WAITING FOR….THE CLIPS AND PICS!
1) Person stating she is an “attorney”: I feel she attempts to manipulate the law to intimidate and quell reporting and free expression, but fails miserably: https://youtu.be/sE0422Kignk
2) I feel this techie in blue was aggressive and confrontational, in what I interpret as a clear attempt to intimidate and quell reporting and free expression at the tech bus coverage and protest https://youtu.be/vLD5J2DOBN8
3) This techie physically blocked me, butting into me, and using his backpack to block my ability to photograph and report. Another revolting attempt to physically quell reporting and free press! Stop corporate aggression! https://youtu.be/eXx8X6J2_Ik
4) I feel this guy was aggressive and uncivil toward me, and as they all do, tried to convince me I have no rights or civil liberties in this regard….errmmmm WRONG!!! HELLO!!! Welcome to the real (non-cyber) world! He then called someone to report something…who knows, and who cares. I feel he seemed so smug and proud, again as so many do, yet hid his face when brought to light. Here’s his bus: https://youtu.be/amwe27QKhEk
5. These people have no respect for private property, using our the parking lot where we live as a drive-up delivery point. IT IS NOT! We are trying to sleep and breathe right above you! Have a bit of social conscience and consideration. I’m being nice here by only showing the vehicle, because the occupant was actually one of the decent people that day–seemed to understand and empathize, which we appreciate, and really, expect. But that car’s gotta’ go, OK? Same with the guy, who was pretty mellow. But again, let’s stop your complete invasion and discourtesy, okie dokie? Thanks!
6. Aggressive techie asserting I have no right to photograph on public property.
7. Shoving his bag in my face approach to silencing the media:
8. This techie photographed one of my press ID’s with his crappy phone. Here’s how he looks with a 22mp 5D III:
9. Other documentary photographs
This is a blog; all content is that of opinion. For entertainment purposes only.